All-in-one baked pasta Bolognese
Preparation time: 8mins
Cooking time: 40mins
- 500g One Stop mince
- 10 squirt’s olive oil light cooking spray
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g garlic and herb passata
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 200g penne pasta
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 50ml skimmed milk
- 4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Break the mince up into a large non-stick lidded frying pan sprayed with the cooking oil spray. Heat on medium, gradually increasing the heat to high and stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned and some juice has formed. Add the onion, pepper and garlic to the pan and stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
2. Add the pasta sauce and herbs, stir well and bring to simmer. Put lid on and cook for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pack instructions; drain. Combine the crème fraiche with the milk in a bowl.
3. When the meat sauce is ready, combine pasta with the sauce, heat through and tip everything into a family-sized shallow ovenproof dish. Spoon the crème fraiche mix here and there over the top, sprinkle on the cheese and put under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until golden.