Avocado, bacon and blueberry salad
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 5mins
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 100g rocket
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 100g blueberries
For the dressing:
- 50g blueberries
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon English mustard
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and cook the bacon for 2 minutes on each side, until crisp. Set aside to cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Put the blueberries, oil, vinegar, mustard and honey into the bowl of a food processor (or use a hand blender) and blend to combine. Season well.
3. In a serving bowl, toss together the rocket, avocado and blueberries, then crumble over the bacon and drizzle with the blueberry dressing.