Bacon and mushroom quesadillas
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 25mins
- 8 smoked bacon rashers
- 200g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 150g mature Cheddar, grated
1. Preheat the grill to medium. Arrange the bacon rashers on a grill pan and grill for 10 minutes, turning once, until golden and cooked through.
2. Add the mushrooms to the pan for the final 5 minutes of the grilling time and cook until golden. Put to the side to use later.
3. Heat 1 tortilla wrap in a large frying pan over a medium heat for 1 minute, then sprinkle over 50g grated cheese. Allow the cheese to melt, then top with half the bacon and mushrooms and another 50g cheese. Top with another wrap and press down to squash the ingredients together slightly.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, then flip the quesadilla over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
5. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make the second quesadilla. Slice into wedges and serve.