Barbecue beans on toast with egg
Cooking time: 10 Mins
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked ground paprika
- 200g tin baked beans
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a small pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes to just soften. Stir in the smoked paprika, cook for 30 seconds, and then add the beans, brown sauce and maple syrup.
2. Heat through for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the egg to your liking and toast the bread.
3. Once the beans are hot; spoon over the toast and top with the fried egg. Serve with a cup of tea or coffee.