Caesar chicken pasta salad
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 25mins
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 300g penne pasta
- 100ml Caesar dressing
- 2 slices of ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 anchovy fillets roughly chopped
- 1/2 head of Little Gem lettuce
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ Gas Mark 5. Pour 2 tablespoons of the Caesar dressing over the chicken breasts, cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear when the meat is pierced.
2. Blend the ciabatta and Parmesan in a food processor into a rough crumb, spread onto a baking tray and toast for 5 minutes, until crisp.
3. In a large pan of salted water cook the penne pasta according to the packets instructions, drain, toss in the olive oil and set aside to cool.
4. Shred the cooked chicken and add to the pasta along with the anchovies and lettuce.
5. Mix the remaining dressing with 1tablespoon of water, pour over the pasta. Gently mix together all the ingredients, making sure everything is thoroughly coated in the dressing, top with the crispy Parmesan crumbs and serve.