Chilli Con Carne
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp hot chilli powder
- 150g lean minced beef
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Add the onion & green pepper and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the garlic and chilli powder and saute for a further 1 minute.
3. Crumble in the meat and brown well. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato ketchup, tomato puree and all but 1/4 of the kidney beans.
4. Mash the remaining kidney beans and stir into the meat mixture, then simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
5. Garnish with soured cream and serve with rice.