Classic meatballs with tomato sauce
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 20-25mins
- 500g lean beef or mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 350g tomato and basil pasta sauce
1. Place the mince, onion, breadcrumbs and parsley in a large bowl with plenty of salt and pepper. Add the egg yolk and mix well.
2. Divide the mixture into 20 and use clean wet hands to roll into neat meatballs. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, when hot, add the meatballs and cook over a medium heat for about 8-10 mins, stirring once or twice until the balls are golden on all sides.
3. Add the pasta sauce, bring to the boil, then cover the pan with a baking tray or lid and simmer for about 15mins or until the meatballs are cooked through.
4. Serve straight away with pasta.