creamy garlic chicken
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 90 mins
- 1 whole chicken
- 150g soft cheese
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 500g peppers, chopped
- 250g courgettes, cut into chunks
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200oC, fan 180oC. Use your hand to gently loosen and lift the skin from the chicken to create a pocket then push the cream cheese and chopped garlic under the skin, creating a thick, even layer. Secure the skin back in place with a cocktail stick.
2. Put the chicken in a roasting tin then rub the skin with 1 tbsp oil then squeeze over 1/2 lemon and season. Put the squeezed 1/2 lemon into the chicken cavity and put the bird in the oven.
3. After 40 minutes toss the remaining ingredients in with the rest of the oil. Squeeze over the remaining 1/2 lemon and season. Add the vegetables to the roasting tin with the squeezed 1.2 lemon and roast for 40 minutes, tossing the vegetables half way through, until the chicken is cooked through and its juices run clear.
4. Serve with the roasted vegetables.