Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g rice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 125g broccoli, chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 lemon, half juiced, half quartered
- handful fresh dill, roughly chopped
1. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, add the onion and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Stir in the rice and spices, then add the vegetable stock. Simmer for 10 minutes over a medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the broccoli and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes, or until the liquid has almost disappeared and the rice is tender.
4. Add the peas and lemon juice, until heated through then stir in the dill and season to taste.
5. Divide between bowls and serve with a wedge of lemon for squeezing over.